Advanced Mediation Training
Discover why we are the training provider of choice for some the UK’s busiest and most experienced mediators. We have helped highly experienced mediators gain profound insights and realisations about actions that could have resolved their most challenging cases.
We are fascinated by conflict and passionate about the learning journey it takes us on. This course will help experienced mediators discover new resources and areas for growth. With eighteen years experience in supporting and supervising mediators across a wide variety of contexts we can help you find the confidence to branch out and diversify into new income streams.
As the mediation profession moves into standards and regulation: Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is increasingly a requirement in Codes of Conduct and membership criteria. The mediation marketplace is highly competitive with success rates and quality of outcomes are critical factors.
We seem to be able to help the best learn anew, join us on a supportive and stimulating journey.
Why go on this course?
We have experience of delivering and training in face to face mediation for over eighteen years in a wide variety of contexts. The course will introduce you to our own unique approach to conflict resolution. We will also introduce you to Transformative Mediation, the model behind the largest workplace mediation scheme in the world. Transformative mediation is also increasingly being taken up within family mediation and commercial mediation. We will cover a range of innovative models and incorporate the latest research. Main benefits are –
- Individually tailored learning plans coupled with one to one coaching to achieve significant shifts in practice
- Powerful practical take aways as well as a shift in how you view and work with conflict
- Increased confidence and resources to diversify your practice into new income streams.
Who is it for?
- Wanting to strengthen their place in a competitive market place
- Looking for rewarding and challenging CPD experience.
We have trained, supported and supervised mediators from all sectors including workplace, family, civil & commercial, equality and diversity, neighbour & community, homelessness, complaints, victim offender mediation, restorative justice as well as executive coaches, counsellors, psychotherapists, relationship counsellors, relate counsellors and family therapists.
We are familiar with a wide range of mediation models and the approaches of the UK’s leading training providers.
The course will cover the usual issues in conflict: high conflict, personality clash, strong emotions, entrenched or intransigent attitudes, seemingly unreasonable psychological stances and extreme behaviours. The course will also cover complex, ethical issues such as whistleblowing and discrimination. There will be a strong focus on developing your mediator style and approach to conflict.
- Reshape negative, destructive forces
- Manage cultural dynamics
- Access new currencies and resources to shift impasse
- Work at deep, psychological levels to unlock entrenched conflict
- Introduction to conflict coaching
- What mediators add in which makes the situation harder to resolve
- Deconstructing case failures and what they teach us about style and process
- Moving from compromise to transformation
- Killer questions and magic moments
- Emotional regulation in high conflict
- Synchronising and maximising apology
- Maximising negotiation variables
- Narrative and systemic issues
- Neuropsychology and its role in conflict resolution.
We also cover the basics and bring a new depth to some of the simplest interventions. Case studies will be tailored on the basis of participant’s pre-course information.
Terms & Conditions
Must be made in full no later than 14 working days prior to the course start date. Grant or funded delegates may pay retrospectively.
The following charges will apply if you wish to transfer your booking to a later course date:
21+ working days before a course = 0% of the course fee
6-20 working days before a course = 15% of the course fee
1-5 working days before a course = 30% of the course fee
To transfer a delegate please call us on 0800 028 3866.
You can transfer a place on a course to a substitute delegate free of charge.
The following charges will apply if you wish to cancel a course:
6-20 working days before a course = 33%
1-5 working days before a course = 50%
Cancellations must be received in writing via email to email@example.com and must contain the full booking details including organisation name, booking and delegate contact details.
For full terms and conditions please see Terms and conditions page.