The Complaints Mediation course is for organisations or individuals wanting to offer mediation as part of their complaints procedures. The course offers skills which can be used at any stage of the complaint process. Suitable for complaints managers, Ombuds, regulatory bodies, complaints commissions, PALS, practice managers, health advocates, student experience officers, student services staff, registrars and staff responsible for improving the patient, customer or student experience.
This course can also be offered as a one day, three day or full certificate course. See our Community Relationships page for more feedback on complaints courses.
Why go on this course?
Complaints Mediation offers a role, a structure and a process that can prevent, de-escalate and resolve disputes and conflicts with patients and customers.
- A model of mediation that focuses strongly on preserving and rebuilding working relationships
- A set of skills, strategies and positive behaviours to deal with difficult conflict behaviours
- A structured, sequential, step by step process
- The techniques to engage conflicting parties, facilitate people’s co-operation, and support them in taking responsibility for their own problems and ultimately their own solutions
Accredited with the National Open College Network and listed on the OfQual Official Register of Qualifications.
On word of mouth recommendation we have retrained delegates and organisations who have been previously trained by several of the UK’s leading specialist workplace mediation providers. This is a significant achievement given the level of satisfaction with their previous training provider.
For details of our in-house mediation training rates see – here.
Who is it for?
Suitable for complaints managers, customer relations managers, PALS, practice managers, health advocates, student experience officers, student services staff and staff responsible for improving the patient or customer experience.
The course is highly experiential and interactive with high levels of trainer demonstration, coaching and skills practice. The course offers insightful theory which will help you understand the psychology of conflict and help you to respond positively in conflicts. The course offers practical skills and techniques to help people reach resolution.
- Understand the principles, theory and concepts of mediation
- Understand why people behave the way they do in conflict
- Create a safe environment within the mediation process
- Build rapport and trust with people in conflict
- Engage resistant people in a constructive process
- Demonstrate impartial practice
- Manage and structure the mediation process
- Facilitate co-operation and joint problem-solving
- Assist people in conflict to achieve win-win outcomes
- Understand what is suitable for mediation and what is not.
Comprehensive course materials include
- scripts for key mediator inputs
- question lists
- mediation process maps and checklists
- typical conflict challenges and model responses
- post course study pack
- full course assessment criteria.
Terms & Conditions
Must be made in full no later than 14 working days prior to the course start date. Grant or funded delegates may pay retrospectively.
The following charges will apply if you wish to transfer your booking to a later course date:
21+ working days before a course = 0% of the course fee
6-20 working days before a course = 15% of the course fee
1-5 working days before a course = 30% of the course fee
To transfer a delegate please call us on 0800 028 3866.
You can transfer a place on a course to a substitute delegate free of charge.
The following charges will apply if you wish to cancel a course:
6-20 working days before a course = 33%
1-5 working days before a course = 50%
Cancellations must be received in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and must contain the full booking details including organisation name, booking and delegate contact details.
For full terms and conditions please see Terms and conditions page.