Core Mediation Skills
Core Mediation Skills takes you step by step through a complete mediation case from start to finish. This skills based course gives HR professionals, managers and team leaders the resources to resolve conflict. The techniques, strategies and structured process strengthen existing experience and give that extra confidence and competence that makes a difference in difficult situations. Relevant for anyone with responsibility for nipping conflict in the bud at an early stage.
This accreditation is one of the few mediation courses listed on OfQual’s Official Register of Qualifications and recognised by the QCF (Qualifications & Credit Framework). OfQual is the independent qualifications regulator for England and Wales.
Why go on this course?
Core Mediation Skills gives managers the confidence to facilitate a problem solving approach in a difficult situation. It gives skilled people managers a sense of leadership in modelling good conflict management.
- Helps managers understand how conflict affects working relationships and supports them in looking below the surface to root out underlying issues and repair relationships.
- Strengthens informal options at an early stage to maximise the chances of resolution, rather than escalating issues through formal procedures
- Gives managers the confidence to resolve disputes between staff locally at their level.
Our extensive experience of managing certificate programmes and short courses allows us to deliver an intensive and valuable learning experience in just 2 days. We have retrained mediators on this 2 day course who have told us they have learnt more on this course compared to previous mediation training on longer courses delivered by other leading providers in workplace mediation.
Accredited mediation training with the Open College Network.
For details of our in-house mediation training rates see – here.
Who is it for?
For anyone with responsibility for resolving issues at the earliest stage; team leaders, supervisors, line managers, reporting officers, HR managers, Union reps, harassment contact officers, equality & diversity advisors, complaints officers, contracts managers, customer experience staff and customer relations managers.
The course is highly experiential and interactive with high levels of trainer demonstration, coaching and skills practice. The course offers insightful theory which will help you understand the psychology of conflict and help you to respond positively to conflict. The course offers practical skills and techniques to help people reach resolution.
- Understand the principles and theory of mediation
- Know the importance of creating a safe environment for mediation
- Build rapport and trust with people in conflict
- Engage resistant people in a constructive process
- Maintain an impartial role
- Manage and structure the mediation process
- Facilitate co-operation and joint problem-solving
- Assist people in conflict to achieve win-win outcomes
- Know when to mediate and when not to.
Comprehensive course materials include
- scripts for key mediator inputs
- question lists
- mediation process maps and checklists
- typical conflict challenges and model responses
- post course study pack
- full course assessment criteria.
For mediation courses on complaints resolution, homelessness, ASB neighbour & community conflict, student relationships and restorative justice see the section on – Community Relationships.
Terms & Conditions
Must be made in full no later than 14 working days prior to the course start date. Grant or funded delegates may pay retrospectively.
The following charges will apply if you wish to transfer your booking to a later course date:
21+ working days before a course = 0% of the course fee
6-20 working days before a course = 15% of the course fee
1-5 working days before a course = 30% of the course fee
To transfer a delegate please call us on 0800 028 3866.
You can transfer a place on a course to a substitute delegate free of charge.
The following charges will apply if you wish to cancel a course:
6-20 working days before a course = 33%
1-5 working days before a course = 50%
Cancellations must be received in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and must contain the full booking details including organisation name, booking and delegate contact details.
For full terms and conditions please see Terms and conditions page.