Essential Mediation Skills
If you are expected to mediate conflicts on a daily basis but don’t have the job title of ‘mediator’ then this four hour induction into mediation and conflict skills will boost your confidence and success.
This intensive and fun session will give you the core skills and key models for resolving conflict. Scripts to start sessions, a questions list and a prompt sheet for each stage of the process will help strengthen what you do and support parties in taking responsibility for solutions.
The session runs from 10.30 am to 2.30 pm with a working lunch and fits well with family friendly policies.
To help change your culture on conflict and support your people, we can run this course in house for up to 25 delegates offering significant economies – email.
Why go on this course?
This course provides knowledge and skills to enhance dispute resolution, negotiation, problem solving and relationships management.
Key benefits are
- Supportive: grounding and strengthening existing skills
- A Boost: increases confidence to tackle difficult situations
- Helpful: provides a structured process to follow in difficult situations
- Preventative: resolves issues at an early stage, limiting cost and damage due to escalation.
Who is it for?
For front line staff, team leaders and customer / client facing workers; anyone facing people problems on a regular basis and wanting something more structured than a quick fix.
The course is highly experiential and interactive with high levels of trainer demonstration, coaching and skills practice. The course offers insightful theory which will help you understand the psychology of conflict and help you to respond positively to conflict. The course offers practical skills and techniques to help people reach resolution.
- Strengthen existing skills
- Confirm what you are doing right already
- Help you understand why certain approaches don’t work
- Give you new techniques and skills
- Understand why people are resistant
- Grasp the difference between compromise and win-win
- Appreciate what a ‘stubborn’ person needs to appreciate another’s perspective
- Conflict coaching: tools and questions to defuse conflict with just one party before it escalates.
Comprehensive course materials include
- scripts for key mediator inputs
- question lists
- prompt sheets and checklists for each stage of the process
- typical conflict challenges and model mediator responses.
For mediation courses on complaints resolution, homelessness, ASB neighbour & community conflict, student relationships and restorative justice see the section on – Community Relationships.
Terms & Conditions
Must be made in full no later than 14 working days prior to the course start date. Grant or funded delegates may pay retrospectively.
The following charges will apply if you wish to transfer your booking to a later course date:
21+ working days before a course = 0% of the course fee
6-20 working days before a course =15% of the course fee
1-5 working days before a course = 30% of the course fee
To transfer a delegate please call us on 0800 028 3866.
You can transfer a place on a course to a substitute delegate free of charge.
The following charges will apply if you wish to cancel a course:
6-20 working days before a course = 33%
1-5 working days before a course = 50%
Cancellations must be received in writing via email to email@example.com and must contain the full booking details including organisation name, booking and delegate contact details.
For full terms and conditions please see Terms and conditions page.