Managing Conflict in Working Relationships
This one day course offers key skills and approaches from mediation to help you manage your own and others conflicts. This course gives the positive behaviours, skills and confidence to secure mutual solutions in difficult situations.
In-house delivery only.
For individual development plans see the Conflict Coaching service.
Why go on this course?
- Respond constructively to conflict
- Feel more confident in tackling difficult issues
- Limit the impact and damage on important working relationships
- Manage, structure and control difficult and emotional conversations
- Be able to address both the practical and emotional issues that arise in conflicts
- Resolve difficulties and move forward to solutions
- Re-build working relationships
Who is it for?
For anyone wanting to bring more efficiency to difficult interactions, improve the effectiveness of their communication and understand why people can be difficult.
On completing the programme participants will be able to
- Understand conflict theory and how it influences people’s behaviour
- Apply communication skills to build rapport with people in conflict
- Overcome resistance and engage people in a win/win approach to their conflict
- Understand the benefits of impartiality in managing their own and others conflicts
- Assess and address practical and emotional issues
- Access underlying issues and the drivers behind conflict behaviour
- Work with people in conflict in a fair and structured way
- Control difficult conversations and heated exchanges
- Use positive communication to move people forward
- Constructively challenge unacceptable behaviour and set boundaries
Terms & Conditions
Must be made in full no later than 14 working days prior to the course start date. Grant or funded delegates may pay retrospectively.
The following charges will apply if you wish to transfer your booking to a later course date:
21+ working days before a course = 0% of the course fee
6-20 working days before a course = 15% of the course fee
1-5 working days before a course = 30% of the course fee
To transfer a delegate please call us on 0800 028 3866.
You can transfer a place on a course to a substitute delegate free of charge.
The following charges will apply if you wish to cancel a course:
6-20 working days before a course = 33%
1-5 working days before a course = 50%
Cancellations must be received in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and must contain the full booking details including organisation name, booking and delegate contact details.
For full terms and conditions please see Terms and conditions page.